We had hearings today in Annapolis. They both happened to be about bills related to protections and benefits for families. I have to say that the fact that we will have a baby soon makes this work even more real for me. I am fighting for my family. I am fighting for Chucy to have a better world and for her parents to be treated fairly. To create a community where her family is seen as equal. I know that having a child will change everything. People often say that. Most of the time they mention it in reference to challenging things like not sleeping as much or not being able to just pick up and go out. But I think that the changes are so much bigger than just logistics and so much more beautiful. I already feel more connected to my wife and committed to our future together, for better or worse. And I definitely feel an even stronger sense of urgency and dedication to work that I am doing.
~Morgan
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment