Pregnancy Tracker

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Peeing on a stick changed our lives...




I attempted our first pregnancy test on Wednesday, March 3rd. According to my calendar, it was day 10 after insemination which would the earliest possible day to have a positive test. Sadly, we were negative. I was convinced it would be a positive due to all the symptoms I was experiencing. At this point, I believed it must be all psychosomatic, but how could someone make up being SO tired. At this point, I was still extremely fatigued and I was beginning to feel swollen all over. Apparently, Morgan was devastated, but I had hope that it was a false negative.




After hanging out with friends on Friday, I was convinced to test again on Saturday, March 6th. I figured, at this point, we'll know either way. So at 7:30am, I attempted test number 2. After a few seconds, I saw 2 lines emerge and I quickly ran back to bed in fear that the 2nd line would disappear OR become darker... either way, I didn't want to experience it alone. I jumped back into bed and said, "So, Morgan, um, we might be pregnant but I have to wait another 2 and a half minutes to be sure." Of course groggy (non-morning person) Morgan, was still half asleep and just yeah-yeah'ed me away. (time elapses) I run back and yell from the bathroom, "Yup, we're pregnant!" with an "I told you so" tone. That got her attention! Morgan jumped up, looked at the stick and demanded me to pee again. I told her that was unlikely considering I JUST peed. So, she filled up a glass of water and stared at me in bed until I had the sensation to go again. Finally, I was able... and again... POSITIVE! We called the Fertility Clinic and the asked me to come in for bloodwork on Monday. And of course, just to be sure, we went to Target after Cardio class and bought a digital test. After 20 seconds, the test was again positive! That's when the tears began to freely flow!



After that call, we called our close friends and family to share our disbelief and excitement. Our calls and texts were met with great joy and positive vibes. We are very lucky to have such supportive friends and family and our little baby will be so fortunate to grow up with amazing people.

~Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment